Saturday, October 5, 2013

Hello!

I've been seriously remiss. I realized tonight that I haven't written a blog post since early September, and even that was a cheat, because I essentially reposted a dusty opinion piece from three or so years ago.

Where have I been? Well, I've been laboring away on my novel. One minute I feel triumphant, and the next, I feel like the sorriest loser on the planet. This novel is going to kill me, I swear.I've essentially gone incognito, not answering emails, brushing off personal connections, all in the quest to write something decent that has one chance in hell of getting published.

You see, here's the deal: it's now or never. The clock is ticking, faster and faster every year. If I don't finish this thorn in my side, I'm never going to finish anything. That's the sad truth.

If you want to share my pain, drift on over to my writer's blog here

In the meantime, I had an itching to hear some rockabilly tonight, so sit back and listen with me to Carl Perkins (turn it up):




No comments: